LED vs. LCD: which is better?
You’re walking through your local electronics store looking for a new TV, and you come across a thing called an “LED TV”.
While looking for the TV, then two options to select, one is LCD, and the other is LED TV. When you are going to any of the electronic shops, then you always have two options, from which you have to choose. One is LCD, and the other is LED TV. The biggest concern is which one to choose and which is the best one as per your budget and your needs.
If you are looking for the TV for your home, shop or office and you are in doubt that which one to choose. Then here in this post, we will share all about LCD and LED, including which is the best one. So, have a look at the information below:
What are LCD and LED?
You will be amazed to know that LED is part of LCD TV. The LED TV uses liquid crystal display technology to deliver the best video quality to their customers. With the help of the panel, they all control the impact of the light. After reading this, you may be wondering that they both are using the same technologies so, what is the difference between both of them.
The difference is the traditional LCD TV uses cold cathode fluorescent lamps or CFL to provide lighting. But on the other hand, LED TV uses completely energy-efficient light-emitting diodes which deliver the best quality of the light impact. It implies that the LED TV is more power consumption as compared to the LCD.
Direct or Edge-Mounted
LED TV uses two different types of backlighting which are direct and edge. The advantage of the backlighting is to increase the contrast level, which switch off some of the light presents within the LED. Whereas the Edge-Mounted is used to make the screen thin, it offers better contrast and better picture quality.
Advantages of using LCD
- While talking about the lifespan of LCD, then it is of around eight years or 30,000 hours.
- LCD TV has an affordable price as compared to LED TV. The basis reason behind that they are available in the market from many years ago.
- The LCD monitors are the best choice for the game lovers as they offer better image retention.
Disadvantages of using LCD
- They are quite thicker and even heavier as compared to the LED
- They are not compatible along with the different types of 4K
- They consume a lot of power, and they get hot quite easily
- The picture quality within the LCD light is low
Advantages of LED Monitor
- The LED monitors are in high demand, and they are the latest technology product which comes into the electronics market.
- The lifespan of an LED monitor is around 15 years or 50,000 hours per day.
- They offer better colour quality and offer a completely sharp image quality.
- They are more power-saving, and using the LED monitor is completely money-saving.
- Being thick, they are the one, which consumes very less space whether they are placed over any furniture of the table.
- It is compatible with 4K technology, which makes it is the best option to use for gaming lovers.
- They respond too quickly as compared to the LCD monitors.
Disadvantages of LED monitors
- The price of the LED monitor is quite high.
- There is a risk of image retention, and screen burn is quite common in the case of the LED monitors.
Impact of LCD and LED on eyes
Eyes are the most essential part of our body, and we always look for such devices, which are having very less or no impact on our eyes. While talking about LCD or LED TV, then we always check their impact eyes before purchasing.
Most of the people work for a long time on their systems and it is very much important for such people to learn about the impact of the screen on their eyes. The LCD monitor work on the power of 120 Hz, and the vision offered by them is quite clear, and they do not cause any harm to the eyes.
On the other hand, while talking about the LED TV, then are made with the dimming technology which does not cause any harm to the eyes when after watching for a long time.
Which is better LCD or LED for playing games?
The picture quality offered by different monitors is different, while some of them provide fantastic picture quality while playing games. The gaming monitors always have low response time, high refresh rate, and little lag. So, to have the best experience of playing the game, the only option of LED, which is best is LED.
From the above discussion, it is clear to you that which is the best one for you. But to choose the best one, you must understand your requirements. You must follow all about the features that you must have in your monitor. If you are looking for the one, which is having longer-life span, must be thinner, and having a very low impact on your eyes, then choosing LED monitor will be the best idea for you. But on the other hand, if you are concerned about your budget, then choosing an LCD monitor will be the best choice for you.